I was so inspired by Holly's pics of their garden that I ambitiously went out and took beautiful pictures of our garden to post. Then I promptly lost our camera. It's somewhere around here... So when I find it, I'll show you some great pics of our gsrden.
After four kids, I am slightly overweight. I've been trying to lose it, but I go up and down and we all know I really like my treats. So I decided I need some motivation. I thought maybe those of us who could stand to lose a little weight could get together and have a contest. My purpose is not to exclude or embarrass anyone, it's just to have a little fun and give each other some support and encouragement. I figured we could use the percent of total weight lost as a basis for who wins (for example if you are 200lbs and you lose 20lbs - you've lost 10 percent of your total body weight.) That way it could be fair for those who only have a little to lose and those who have more to lose and no one has to reveal their actual weight. We could run this a number of ways. 1. We all put in a set amount of money and at the end of the month whoever has lost the highest percent gets all the money. 2. We could take turns buying a prize for the winner each month. or 3. We just give each other encouragement and support and the honor of winning (instead of a prize). Another way we could run this is for everyone to set a one month goal and whoever reaches their goal wins (it could be everyone) and buys themselves a prize. Anyway, anyone is welcome to join us. Please let me know by July 31st if you want to join in and which way you want to run it. We'll start on August 1st and go for one month. The way with the highest number of votes will win. For you lucky folks who don't need to lose any weight or even luckier folks who need to gain weight, we could still use your encouragement and support. (and if you gained a hundred pounds and looked terrible it would help too.) See you on the scales.
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Yay! Sounds like fun! I might have to sit this one out... but you have my full encouragement!
We love you!
totally sounds cool. . . i'll use you as motivation to get off of my lazy butt too. Hey, I found a website that will send you workouts and all kinds of fitness tips. it is at the fitness magazine website. I've enjoyed it so far.
I am with you on this one! I have been working hard to loose weight for my cousins' wedding and have done pretty good--I am already down a pants size. But I would love to do it. I am not sure what sort of prize we should do. So far, I have been paying myself $1 every time I work out, because then I'll be able to buy new clothes once I've lost the weight I want to! Let me know.
Post a Comment