I don't know if my kids think I'll give them candy if they dress up or what, but it seems like they always want to put on a costume. Josef scared Quincey pretty bad with that one.
Karl read my previous blog and told me where the camera was so here are the garden pictures as promised. Last year we got nothing. so this year I decided to plant two seeds in every hole. Well now we have two plants in every hole. As you can see, our peas are doing incredibly well. They are taller than the corn, they are even taller than I am! (I rotated the pictures like Holly said, but they still showed up like this. Sorry, I know it's hard to get the full effect sideways.)
Our squash and zucchini plants are growing like mad too. When they are all full grown, we'll be having squash three meals a day. For some reason our plants are growing half a squash before the flowers even open.
My favorite, by far, has been the pumpkins. They are taking over the whole garden. We have several pumpkin bumps, but only one pumpkin flower. Like the other squash plants, we're growing the fruit before the flower even opens. I took the first picture the other day and the second one today, you can see how fast they are growing. You can also see that Karl has been doing somw weeding.
We also have a yellow pear tomato plant that our friends gave us. We planted it by the peas and we weren't sure it would survive, but it's doing great.
Our cucumber plants were so small (you can see that they are dwarved by the squash plants )that we kind of gave up on them, but even they have flowers.
Ah the joys of gardening.

No comments:
Post a Comment